Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The BEST pancakes

This has become my go-to pancake recipe ever since I found it! I don't think I can go back to box mixes again! They are tall and fluffy but also moist and firm.

  • 3/4 cup whole milk (can use skim, 1% or 2%)
  • 2 Tbs white vinegar
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 Tbs white sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 egg
  • 2 Tbs butter, melted

Combine milk and vinegar and allow 5 minutes to let "sour" (I do this in my liquid measuring glass).*

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium mixing bowl. Whisk in egg, then milk mixture, then butter, until lumps are gone.

Pour by 1/4 cupfuls onto medium heated cooking skillet (sprayed with cooking spray) until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with spatula and cook until both sides are browned.

Makes about 8 pancakes.

*This is a substitute for buttermilk. Since I rarely buy buttermilk, I usually just do this!


1 comment:

  1. Hi, my name is Marilee Hatch Cahoon and I am related to Wealtha Bradford Hatch. As I was looking for some information on her I came across a blog titled, thoughtsofmark that had a post on Wealtha. I saw your comment on that post and I think you are related to Mark. I would love to contact him about Wealtha. My father has tried to search for Wealthas bones too and is very interested in talking to Mark. Do you know him and do you have his email? I would so appreciate it!
    Thanks, Marilee

    ReplyDelete