Monday, October 24, 2011

Pam's Chocolate Chip Cookies

One of my favorite things growing up was eating cookies at my best friend's house. Emily's mom made the best cookies on Earth! They were especially delicious straight out of the oven with a tall glass of milk. I have so many fond memories visiting over cookies. Recently she divulged the recipe to me. Thanks Em! Normally I prefer milk chocolate over semi-sweet, and fewer chips in my cookies. But for some reason, maybe it's the nostalgia, I pack in the semi-sweet chips, the more the better. I crave these more than I should.

Cream until Fluffy:
  •    1 cube margarine (soften in microwave)
  •    1 C Crisco
  •    1 C white sugar
  •    1 C brown sugar
  •    1 tsp. vanilla
  •    2 eggs
Mix, then add:
  •    3 heaping C flour
  •    1 tsp. salt
  •    1 tsp. soda
Stir in:
  •    semi-sweet choc chips
Bake at 350-355 degrees for 9 minutes (or until the first sign of golden brown)
Makes approx 4 doz.

No comments:

Post a Comment