Thursday, March 15, 2012

Creamy Tomato and Sausage Pasta

I had some leftover Italian sausage from when I made some stuffed peppers the other night. I whipped together some ingredients from my fridge and pantry, and it turned out pretty awesome.


I'm also going to start tagging meals that I make for just two servings. I've been cooking for two for over 5 years, and still do since my baby still eats very little or something already pre-made (I did blend this up and he loved it).


  • 2 Tbs olive oil
  • 3 Tbs thinly chopped onion
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 lb ground Italian pork sausage 
  • 1 small zucchini, chopped into chunks
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup cream
  • 1 Tbs sugar (to lessen acidity)
  • 1/2 Tbs dried basil
  • salt to taste
  • 2 servings whole wheat penne pasta, cooked (or linguine would be good)
  • shredded parmesan cheese (optional)

Heat olive oil in a deep skillet on medium-high to high heat. Add minced garlic and diced onions and stir until softened. Add sausage and cook until brown. Add zucchini and cook until tender. Add remaining ingredients (besides pasta) and let simmer for 10 minutes. Serve over pasta and sprinkle cheese over the top. Serves 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment