Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lemon Garlic Chicken Pasta

Oh, and did I mention it's creamy? I'm on a creamy kick. Not to mention I was craving anything with lemon and garlic today, so I came up with this little number. It actually only took me under 30 minutes to make and when I figured the cost of making it, was really cheap! It's probably not the healthiest recipe (I justify it by using whole wheat pasta), but it sure was tasty!


  • 2 Tbs butter
  • 1 chicken breast, pounded to 1/4 inch and cut in half
  • salt and pepper to sprinkle and
  • flour to dredge (about 4 Tbs?)
  • 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup water
  • zest and juice from one small lemon
  • 1/2 cup cream
  • 1/2 Tbs sugar
  • salt to taste
  • 2 servings angel hair pasta (I used whole wheat thin spaghetti, but think this would taste divine)

In a skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. After you've pounded down the chicken breasts to 1/4 inch and cut it in half (2), sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken and dredge with flour. Add to skillet cooking 3 minutes on each side. When cooked, remove chicken from skillet (leave skillet on) and keep warm. Add minced garlic to skillet and stir for about 30 seconds. Add water (to lift the chicken flavor from skillet) and stir. Add lemon zest and juice, then cream. Add salt to taste and let simmer, stirring constantly, until your desired thickness. Pour sauce over cooked pasta and top with chicken. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over pasta (optional). Serves 2. 



No comments:

Post a Comment